I am so thrilled to finally share with you our freshly updated website, including easier ways to share your art, browse illustrations, and connect with your creative community. With the new site, you can see all the beautiful artwork front and center, pop up a window to take a closer peek, and easily “Like” the pieces that make you smile, and “Share” them with your friends!
A few highlights:
* Thumbnails are now huge (!) and can be automatically generated (!!) for you if you choose. Try it out this week when you post your artwork — Go to the homepage, choose “Submit your illustration” and fill out the form. After you paste in your url and choose your Medium, the auto-generator will start doing its thing and you can choose your thumbnail easily! (Yippee!) You can also choose a thumbnail from your desktop if you choose. Either way is cool!
* It’s easier and fun to Submit a Topic! Think up a good word or short phrase that can be interpreted visually in lots of ways and submit it! If your topic is chosen you’re website link will be on the homepage and on the new weekly topic email.
* Speaking of weekly topic emails… We are using a new service so the newsletters are prettier and easier for you to manage. Sign up for topic and goodies in your inbox!
* We are now accepting sponsorship ads on the site if you’re interested in getting more eyeballs on your artwork / little prints shop / new project. Check out the sponsors on the sidebar. View sponsorship info.
* For even more ideas to get involve with the new Illustration Friday, visit the About page.
I hope you enjoy the new site! Please help spread the word by “Liking” IF on Facebook, tweeting about it, blogging about it or posting your art to the homepage and on the IF Facebook Group page! And link back with a new IF button for your site!
Thank you so much for your support, continued participation and, of course, the awesome artwork you contribute! You guys are what makes Illustration Friday wonderful!