Hi guys!! Illustration Friday ARTISTS is a new series highlighting YOU — the IF Participants. We are randomly emailing out mini-interview questions. You could be next — watch your inbox! Welcome to your art community! :)
Name: Sharon Wagner
Fave IF Topic you’ve illustrated: I think that would have to be my very first submission for Surrender. It is my favorite self portrait illustration. It is kind of cute, creepy and weird all at the same time. I’m Snow White by the way. Not the gorilla!
1. What is something you would like to learn to do?
Build a better contract. Tomorrow is a new day with no contract mistakes in it. Hopefully.
2. What’s your most-used art tool?
Q-tips. No joke.
3. 3 things that inspire you (yes, only 3):
1) Well, I’d be lying if I didn’t mention pinterest as one. It is like subscribing to 100 art magazines. And since I don’t do a lot of internet wandering myself, I can let someone else find the best images. Then you just grab the ones that inspire you.
2) Vacations. When I get back I always want to do some oil paintings of my favorite memories. But I never do.
3) Illustration Contests! I love a good challenge.
4. What are you looking forward to?
My second book, “Maya Monkey” is being published later this year. Or early next. I’m going bananas waiting.
5. Tell us something random about yourself.
I can’t wait for the new season of American Horror Story. They better not have changed the theme song or opening trailer. You know you are in for a wild and strange journey when that blasts across the screen!
*Thanks Sharon! And thank everyone else who participates in IF each week. Your creativity is amazing!!
More art inspiration!
Latest posts by Thomas James (see all)
- Pick of the Week for YARN and This Week’s Topic - June 24, 2016
- Pick of the Week for TORNADO and This Week’s Topic - June 18, 2016
- Pick of the Week for NOSE and This Week’s Topic - June 10, 2016