Hi guys!! Illustration Friday ARTISTS is a new series highlighting YOU — the IF Participants. We are randomly emailing out mini-interview questions. You could be next — watch your inbox! Welcome to your art community! :)
Name: Tanja Loeser
Location: Duesseldorf, Germany
Fave IF Topic you’ve illustrated:
IF bounce was so much fun! I used to love bouncing as a kid, now my children love it!
Bouncing has a feeling of freedom to it. It makes one laugh and giggle and one can reach otherwise unreachable things… I like the fact that anything is possible in illustrations, the world and its components can be swirled around and be mixed together in unusual combinations that law of nature itself would not allow. So it is possible to “bounce on the moons”…
1. What is something you would like to learn to do?
People have always told me that my work is so different all the time. I even almost got rejected by a university because they did not believe I did all the drawings for the admissions map myself…
Therefore:Either find “my own style” or – accept that different styles are my style… I want to learn for myself to find my approach and which way I want to go in this everyday struggle related to this issue.
2. What’s your most-used art tool?
My hands and fingers holding pen. They let me create the basic of the illustration, the soul to say.
Their curvy, soft, strong, defined, doodly , scribbly, straight, dotsy etc. lines let me create the basic matrix of the illustration, the soul to say.
3. Three things that inspire you (yes, only 3):
1) my freezer – on which I pin stimulating images, articles, photographs, advertisings, poems and my childrens inspiring works of art!
2) childhood memories, experienced situations and the essence and feelings I took of out of them
3) patterns, colours, textures, consistencies, structures both from nature or artificial and looking at other people’s creations (art, painting,cooking,music,crafts,buildings,designs)
4. What are you looking forward to?
The rest of my life….with lots of fun, drama, inspiration, education, learning and seeing where the neverending and always accompanying creative urge will take me…
5. Tell us something random about yourself.
Some colours have such nice consistencies, I think they look delicious and yummy… Some sauces have such nice consistencies, I think they would apply nicely to canvas…
More art inspiration!
Posted by Thomas James on 09/28/12 under IF Participants
Comments Off on IF Participant Mini Interview :: 5 Things About Tanja Loeser