Summer travels are just around the corner. Are you ready? Here are some ideas
to keep little hands occupied during long road trips.
I love this sophisticated journal (featured above) by CherieBee, but of course a basic journal is easy to construct with minimal effort.
You will need:
8.5″ x 11″ paper in assorted colors
8.5″ x 11″ cardstock in assorted colors
envelopes – assorted sizes, all smaller than the the cardstock
3 clip rings
1. Punch 3 holes into your paper, cardstock and chipboard covers. Consider adding a few journal pages that
provide space to draw and with lines to make writing easier such as these free printables from
Teachers Pay Teachers.
2. Glue envelopes onto several sheets of cardstock for collecting paper ephemera – ticket stubs, menus, etc.
3. Arrange paper and cardstock in an order of your choice.
4. Add the covers and bind together using the clip rings.
Crayon rolls keep the most basic of art essentials neatly organized. This tutorial from
Pretty Prudent will have you making one in a snap. Make two – one for crayons and one
More art inspiration!
Latest posts by Thomas James (see all)
- Pick of the Week for FABLE and This Week’s Topic - April 21, 2017
- Pick of the Week for HOT and This Week’s Topic - April 7, 2017
- Pick of the Week for UMBRELLA and This Week’s Topic - March 31, 2017