We all have dreams and aspirations they grow within us from any age, from the time we’re two years old and scribbling on any blank piece of paper in sight to the years in university when your dreaming up a life of bigger things you want to do and places you may want to go. Although as time goes by sometimes unless you’re extremely determined you can feel swayed or lose sight of the things you dreamed of and that’s why you need to grab a pen and sketch them out.
Sketching out your dreams keeps them in sight, gives you a reference to go back to when you’re feeling a tad lost in your aspirations or feel your not sure where you’re going. So here are 5 steps to sketching out your own creative dream for 2014.
1. Grab a huge piece of paper or wallpaper roll across the floor , a couple of pens and your inspiration and start doodling and jotting out your aspirations and future plans.
2 . Break them down with someone who motivates you the little steps you need to do to work towards those dreams ( They don’t seem so far away when the two of you narrow them down into tiny steps).
3. Start paving roots and pathways to begin implementing your plans .
4. Meet new people and make connections with those who might help you on your way to where you want to be :).
5. Block out those niggling negative thoughts and “I can’t do this”, stay positive if something doesn’t work out brush yourself down and keep going as being self motivated is key and the effort you put in is sure to pay off.
Image by Designer Alyssa Nassner you can find more about her and her designs “here”.
More art inspiration!
Latest posts by Kate Leonard (see all)
- Two creative cures for when you feel your art isn’t good enough. - July 2, 2015
- 3 reasons why making art is good for you! - March 29, 2015
- How to chose and use your art materials wisely - March 5, 2015