Archive for the ‘materials’ Category
Latest posts by Kate Leonard (see all)
- Two creative cures for when you feel your art isn’t good enough. - July 2, 2015
- 3 reasons why making art is good for you! - March 29, 2015
- How to chose and use your art materials wisely - March 5, 2015
It’s easy to presume that your doodles, illustrations, paintings and creative thoughts should make their way straight to paper or canvas although just for a minute why not think outside the box. Break the rules and do something creatively different that sets your doodles apart , not to abandon your sketchbook for to long but challenge yourself to something different. To help get you started heres just a few creative ways you can do that and truly think outside the box to show others just how creative you can be.
- Remember that rather dull phone or tablet case you bought thats lacking a certain creative omph, well grab yourself some paint or a paint based marker and create your own custom case design. Add your own style and choose your own theme to make a stylish creative case you’d want to show off and not hide.
- Mugs are great because they often get filled with heart warming teas or beverages although a plain little old mug is some what sad and gloomy. However with some ceramic paint or markers you could give it an unique handdrawn design of its own that is sure to make your tea breaks even better.
- For fellow lovers of fabric the dream is no doubt to create your own and you can even without a huge fabric printer. With some acrylic paints and fabric medium you can paint your own designs onto calico, making reams of your own one of a kind design to embellish any type of project from home furnishings to wallart and more.
- That little pair of converse you happen to have sitting in the hallway could use a splash of ink wouldn’t you say? Grab yourself some pens and markers ( ones that work well on canvas fabric and will not run) and create yourself a fashion piece that will set you apart from everyone else.
Image by artist Jaco Haasbroek you can find out more about their work here.